February 2019 in Los Angeles, CA
WHO CAN APPLY
Parents of any age / any stage using any medium to make art.
- Application deadline is September 10, 2018
- A jury of Los Angeles art professionals will select artists for the show
- Selected artists will be notified by September 14, 2018
- Art must be finished and delivered, ready to install, in February 2019
- Out of state artists must pay for shipping / transport to the venue
- Artists can choose if they want to put work up for sale. All sale transactions will be via personal payment such as Venmo / Paypal. UBAS is not responsible for taking payments
- Application fee of $25 due with submission. Need based fee waivers are accepted as we work to create the greatest level of inclusion
- UBAS is a non-profit show. All proceeds will be donated to arts education and women / family shelters
FROM THE FOUNDERS
Nothing is more creative than birthing new life. And, we acknowledge that sometimes the decision to become a parent comes with sacrifice. For those of us who have put our artistic processes on hold to grow and raise children, UBAS is an opportunity for artistic mothers to pick up where they left off. This exhibition celebrates that the shared energy of women in creative community can be a motivating and inspiring catalyst to finish a project that has been germinating inside of our heads, our art studios or buried unfinished in storage while we were busy dedicating our primary focus on serving our families.
Julie, Jenny, Mollie & Dorothea